This page is aimed at supporting interested applicants for the position funded by Marie Slodowskwa-Curie ITN “SEMANTIC (end-to-end Slicing and data-drivEn autoMAtion of Next generation cellular neTworks with mobIle edge Clouds)”.
WHAT ARE ITNs?
- Check the official documentation on Innovative Training Networks
- In short, the ITN-funded PhD position implies: (i) a full integration in the PhD program at Politecnico (3 years), (ii) a 6-month secondment in Nokia Bell Labs, France, (iii) a high salary with respect to the life cost in Italy.
WHO ARE WE?
- Telecommunication Network Group of Politecnico di Torino, Italy.
- In short, a very large research group with 11 permanent faculty members, covering most of the advanced research topics in computer networks, wireless communications, big data and machine learning.
- Main professors involved in the ITN
- Title: Machine learning-based optimizations for seamless MEC service support (ESR5)
- In details, the student will study MEC/RAN integration and MEC-empowered enhancements. The main objectives of the planned research activities will be:
- Develop MEC-empowered upgrades to the 5G cellular operation, including Machine-Learning (ML) based optimizations for resource allocation and for MEC service continuity
- Definition of analytical models for the system performance evaluation
- Enhancement of a MEC testbed and of a simulation tool, available at Politecnico di Torino
- Experimental measurements supporting the development of theoretical models and their validation
WHAT TO DO?