Welcome to the Telecommunication Networks Group’s (TNG) Home Page.
The TNG is part of the Dipartimento di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni (DET) of Politecnico di Torino and is one very large networking group with 11 Professors, and many PostDocs and PhD students. The information available from these pages aims at providing an overview of the group’s activity (i.e. published papers, ongoing research, theses, lectures offered in networking…).
The TNG covers a vast area of research topics related to advanced telecommunication networks. Some of them are reported in the following:
- Big data and Machine Learning for traffic analysis
- Cloud Computing and Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- Cybersecurity and Online Privacy
- Energy efficient and green networks
- Machine learning in optical networks
- Networked music performance
- Optical switching architectures and networks
- Social networks and opinion dynamics
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) and programmable data planes
- Traffic control in data centers
- Wireless networks (5G, 6G, vehicular networks, IoT, edge computing, fog computing, NFV for mobile services)
Additional information is available here.