NEWCOM++ (Network of Excellence in Wireless COMmunications) continues the activity of the European network of excellence NEWCOM, under the 7th EC Framework Programme. While continuining the previous activity on the long-term definition of next generation communication standards by exploring new communication schemes and the related implementation problems, an even stronger attention is dedicated to the effort of bringing together scientists from very diverse areas, from information theory to communication theory and circuit design, thus providing a platform where such expertise can be disseminated.
The objective of the NEWCOM++ project is creating a trans-European virtual research centre linking a proper number of leading European research groups in a highly integrated, carefully harmonized, cooperative fashion. This collection of groups follows a carefully tailored joint program of research activities heterogeneous Radio Access Techniques and Radio Access Networks characterized by very different bit rates, frequency bands and bandwidths, medium access strategies, etc.
The RF, Microwave and Computational Electronics group will be especially involved in the teaching and dissemination level, for the part concerning the high frequency RF and microwave design and modeling tools.
The VLSI theory, design and applications (VLSILAB) group contribution is focused on flexible efficient hardware platforms, structured as multi-processor system on chip architectures capable of achieving real-time processing in various radio environments with limited transceiver complexity and reasonable power consumption.
The Signal Analysis and Simulation Group – Image Processing Lab (SAS-IPL) group is leading activities in the field of wireless multimedia communications.
- Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario Per Le Telecomunicazioni (Italy)
- Technische Universitaet Muenchen (Germany)
- Technion - Israel Institute Of Technology (Israel)
- Chalmers Tekniska Hoegskola Aktiebolag (Sweden)
- Centre National De La Recherche Scientifique (France)
- Istituto Superiore Mario Boella (Italy)
- Bilkent Universitesi (Turkey)
- National And Kapodistrian University Of Athens (Greece)
- Rheinisch-Westfaelische Technische Hochschule Aachen (Germany)
- Università di Pisa (Italy)