Starting from September 2012 I am Post-Doc at INRIA Sophia Antipolis Méditerranée. My new page is here
Luca Chiaraviglio was born in Pinerolo (Turin) in 1983. He graduated from Politecnico di Torino with summa cum laude degree in Computer Engineering in September 2007, and with PhD in Electronics and Communication Engineering in February 2011.
Since February 2011, he is a PostDoc fellow at Dipartimento di Elettronica of Politecnico di Torino.
During November 2008 he collaborated for ETECSA as teaching assistant in Quality of Service issues.
In February 2009 he was awarded an IBM Ph.D. Fellowship, under the supervision of George Katopis.
In June 2011 he received the GTTI Best PhD Award in recognition of his PhD thesis, entitled Energy-Efficient Telecommunication Networks.
In February 2012 he obtained the French "Maître de conférences" qualification for the sections 27 and 61.
Currently, he is Technical Program Committee member for the following conferences: SMARTGREENS 2012, IEEE GLOBECOM 2012, IEEE GREENCOM 2012, SOFTCOM 2012, IEEE PECON 2012, IEEE ISIEA 2012, IEEE ISWTA 2012, IEEE ICC 2013.
Luca Chiaraviglio is a member of IEEE and a founding member of the IEEE Communications Society Technical Subcommittee on Green Communications and Computing.
- PoliSave, a software for reducing power consumption in computer networks
- TrendMeter, a tool for monitoring and controlling power consumption of networked devices
- Energy-aware architectures for content and network management
- Power saving in computer networks
- Next generation energy-aware backbone networks
- Energy-aware access networks
- Passive traffic analysis